Today I have the privilege of guest posting at the Growing Home blog.
Please take a moment to stop by and visit this wonderful blog and enter the
As the sun rises each morning I want to challenge you friends to live each day to the fullest. We each have our own stories that we’re living, filled with chapters of sorrows, growth, celebrations and joys. As I walk through this chapter of learning how to deal with new aspects of my cancer journey, God is challenging me to not take things for granted.
We are not guaranteed tomorrow, yesterday is past, and today is all we have. Live nowhere else but in the present. Begin your days in communion with the Lord; seek His guidance for how you should live. Plan out the hours that you’ve been given to the best of your ability, to make the biggest impact you can.
Cherish the little things. Don’t take for granted the smiles and the spoken words of kindness. Hold your husband’s hand a little longer; hug your children a little tighter. Make each and every moment count. Don’t hold onto grudges, let go of regrets, live the type of life the Lord wants you to live.
We only get one chance to live our lives, there are no do overs. Dare to be different, dare to be set apart from the world’s standards, living a life devoted to Christ. Let us live and live well, with the Lord guiding us every step of the way.
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
At a Holy Experience we are counting 1000 gifts in 2012. Please take a moment to join us and watch your life be transformed as you focus on the blessings that God has given you.
460. Phone calls from two very dear friends who I have known for over 30 years, who are also walking the same cancer journey alongside me.
461. A fellow blogger that goes out of her way to help me adjust things on my blog. She is one of the sweetest people I know and her kindness means the world to me.
462. An email from a bloggy friend letting me know that she was praying for me and that her seven year old son prays for me every night before he goes to bed.
463. Each new day I’m given.
464. The changing of the seasons. I love autumn!
465. New Cookie Monster pajamas.
466. Fresh fruit
467. How peaceful my children look when they are sleeping.
468. My husband’s support.
I hope you have felt encouraged while visiting Leaving A Legacy. You can get additional updates that are not posted on the blog by connecting with us through Facebook and Twitter. You can also subscribe to Leaving A Legacy and have the latest posts delivered right to your email .